Eighth Day Sound Systems, Inc.
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
March 2014 – December 2015
- Establish credibility and integrity with clients by showing that the organization not only measures the quality and professionalism of implementation and service, but also adherence to the organizations vision, mission, values and ethics, giving the client confidence that we care and that we'll be there for the long haul
- Understand what the client is truly after — productivity, efficiency, lower maintenance costs, ease of use, flexibility — and they align their conversations and their proposals to meet those long-term needs.
- Regularly contact clients of past projects to find out if their needs have been met.
- Perform essential functions to ensure overall customer satisfaction and quality service
- Establish and maintain effective communication with employees and clients
- Implement proactive effective and efficient planning and scheduling of personnel and equipment to reduce bottlenecks and problems
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for clients
- Promote a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
- Maintain a positive department attitude and ensure employees are aligned with the company goals
- Initiate hiring when needed to cope with expanding workload
- Facilitate client awareness of the challenges, constraints and complexity of audio systems thereby educating them so that they understand their role in the project which mitigates unnecessary risks to both client and the organization
Sennheiser Electronic GmbH & Co. KG
Global Relations Manager
November 2002 – December 2014
- Responsible for artist relations and strategic alliances covering North and South America while working for corporate headquarters in Germany from April 2007-December 2013.
- Pioneered company’s first artist relations and sponsorships program covering the United States while working for the company’s USA subsidiary from November 2002-April 2007.
- Negotiated global alliances with world-class talent and organizations such as Justin Timberlake, Madonna, Beyoncé, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, Foo Fighters, Seal, Rihanna, Shakira, Harmonix, House of Blues and Live Nation.
- Facilitated brand awareness through live and recorded broadcasted events and product placement, including programming such as the Grammy Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, music videos and television commercials.
- Established and maintained strategic relationships with artists, engineers, artist management companies and/or other organizations instrumental in promoting the Sennheiser brand.
- Global liaison between internal corporate divisions and external customers, subsidiaries and partners.
- Instituted new processes to ensure efficient and accurate issue resolution; helped to resolve artist, customer and partner conflicts.
- Built knowledge base, asset management database and other systems to enhance customer support.
- Developed key performance indicators to measure results of departmental efforts.
- Improved efficiency and professionalism of department through regular review of policies and procedures and implementation of change if required.
- Maintained a thorough knowledge of products and services offerings; provided technical support as needed.
- Contributed to new product development by providing market feedback thereby improving quality and reducing support issues.
- Assisted with recruiting, mentoring and developing a highly productive international virtual team.
- Worked across groups, marketing, sales, product development, and management, to define, develop and communicate strategic branding initiatives.
- Participated in senior management meetings to review customer support performance as well as present additional opportunities to further improve efficiencies and reduce expenses.
- Spearheaded advertising and co-branding opportunities; produced video content; facilitated press releases.
University of Wisconsin
Whitewater, WI, USA
GISMA Business School
Relational & Strategic Leadership
Training throughout career via formal short-courses, workshops, conferences and information sessions. Topics included:
- Strategic Selling,
- Project Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Strategic Alliances and Partnerships
- Change Management
- Team Building, Leadership, Branding, Leveraging Social Media
- Measuring and Maximizing Return on Investment
- Advanced Radio Frequency Training
- Closing Techniques
- Charitable fund raiser
- Commercial voice over talent
- Music and text proofreader
- Car enthusiast
- Pilates instructor
- Tour management
- CPR, Automated External Defibrillation and First Aid certified
A-R Editions, Inc.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Music Publishing & Production Manager
January 2000 – November 2002
- Developed and executed production schedules based on business demands.
- Lead, developed and evaluated production staff.
- Increased staff productivity by 27% while increasing production accuracy by 14%.
- Decreased staff absenteeism by 19%.
Clearwater, Florida, United States
Owner & Founder
January 1997 – June 2001
- Managed artists’ affairs by participating in negotiations with agents and others concerning contracts and business arrangements affecting clients' interests.
- Achieved an 18% capture rate on grant proposals submitted to local funders
"I was privileged to work with Kristy Jo while writing a story covering the Live 8 concert in Philadelphia. Not only were her contacts within the music engineering and technology field extensive, but her organization and easy rapport with everyone working on the event ensured that I was able to get a huge amount of material. She is truly an asset to any company, and anyone would enjoy collaborating with her."